Healthy Turmeric Chicken Stew
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cubed
• sweet potatoes, cubed
• red onion, chopped
• small eggplant, cubed
• 2 teaspoons Rosemary’s minced-garlic or to taste
• 1 tablespoon Rosemary’s ginger root or to taste
• 2 teaspoons Rosemary’s ground turmeric
• ½ cup low-sodium chicken broth
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook until browned and no longer pink in the center, about 5 minutes. Add sweet potatoes and onion; cook and stir until onion is translucent, 2 to 3 minutes. Add eggplant, garlic, ginger, and turmeric; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute more. Pour in broth and simmer stew until thickened, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes.
• Substitute canola oil for the olive oil, if desired.
• Substitute water for the chicken broth, if desired.
• Add more chicken broth or water to the recipe to adjust the thickness of the stew, if desired.
Servings Per Recipe 6: 6g Fat, 24g Carbs, 10g Protein
This is a fantastic and healthy anti-inflamatory recipe. Takes just 30-minutes, makes it one of my favorite weeknight recipes. Turmeric (curcuma) is a bright yellow spice primarily found in India and Indonesia and is one of the main ingredients in curry. It adds an exotic color and flavor to any dish.
RECIPE OF THE MONTH
Always something delicious. You can find many of the herbs and spices on our website. Just look under 'Spices' and at our store.